This is a really easy recipe with chopped apricots & pistachio adding a sweet crunch. It’ll go perfectly with your favourite bread. Do not skimp on the topping!
- ½ cup chopped apricots (pre-soaked in hot water to plump up)
- ½ cup rough chopped pistachio, without the shell
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 50ml olive oil
- ½ cup roasted cauliflower florets
Nutrition per serving
- 1 small cauliflower, trimmed
- Zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 2/3 tablespoon raw tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Master Foods Tuscan Spice
Preheat the oven to 200C. Place the cauliflower florets on a baking tray & with some oil. Roast until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Chop the garlic & place in a blender with the lemon juice and zest. Blitz until smooth. Then add the drained chick peas, tahini, cumin, Tuscan Spice & the roasted cauliflower (remember to save the best pieces for the topping). Blend until smooth. If it looks too thick, add a little water slowly until you are happy with the consistency. Taste and adjust the seasoning to suit your palate.
For the topping, mix together the chopped apricots and pistachio. Spread the hummus on a platter, scatter over the apricot & nut mixture, then scatter the reserved cauliflower florets & chopped parsley. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top, and perhaps a pinch of paprika.