1. Chef Johanne’s Truffle Degustation example menu:
- Truffled artichoke, carrot salad, pepitas, nasturtium (VEG, GF)
- Stracciatella ravioli, lemon truffle foam, pancetta
- Bar-cod fish, truffled lobster ragout, panache of baby vegetables (GF, DF)
- Pheasant, truffled grains, savoury granola, parsnip puree, black grape jus (DF)
- Black truffle ice cream, hazelnut delight (VEG, GF)
2. Chef Hemant’s Asian-fusion example menu:
- Pacific oysters, urchin roe, samphire (DF, GF)
- Hand dived scallops, togarashi mango, serrano, Ikura (DF, GF)
- Maremma duck, land seaweed, molasses (DF)
- Kilcoy grass-fed wagyu beef, king brown mushroom, black garlic, pickled okra (GF)
- Dark Chocolate soil, gold leaf, summer berries, matcha powder
3. Chef Mattia’s Modern Italian example menu:
- Burrata cheese, ox heart tomatoes, celery, balsamic reduction (V, GF)
- Confit king salmon, white gazpacho, pickled grapes (GF)
- Casarecce pasta, king prawns, zucchini, basil puree (DF)
- Red wine braised beef cheek, horseradish mash, figs (GF)
- Coconut pannacotta, wild berries compote, chocolate soil (GF, V)
- Secure your booking by paying in full. If using bank transfer/EFTPOS, please ensure you use the order number as a payment reference.
- CHEFIN will email you a booking confirmation and calendar invitation. This will include a form to collect your information and particular needs/requirements.
- Once you have filled in the form and sent it back to us, and your booking is sooner than in 3 weeks, we will assign a Chef based on your needs and desires.
- Your assigned Chef will design a unique menu tailored to your brief, event, dietaries and tastes.
- You can preview this menu, provide feedback, and advise of any menu & event changes along the way.
Can I choose my menu items from a pre-set selection of menus?
Your private chef will custom tailor a menu for you when your booking is confirmed. We are 100% certain you will love your menu or we will return your money-back guarantee! Our Chefs LOVE to create dishes and every menu they construct is fully exclusive for your taste buds.
Can I select a specific Private Chef for my event?
Once a booking has been secured & confirmed our sophisticated algorithm will take your preferences & match these with the available Chefs in your area. You will be presented a choice of Chefs, though during busy periods/last minute bookings you will be assigned a Chef to work with.
How does booking a Private Chef work?
Once you book online with us you’ll receive a Booking Confirmation email with your order details & the next steps. You will need to fill in your dietaries, food preferences & desires and an algorithm will then identify and match you with the best-suited Chef who will tailor a menu for you.
Do you have Chefs available to cook for my event?
As a platform with more than 250 available Chefs across Australia, we always have availability – or your money back guarantee! Our team works relentlessly to ensure we have the largest selection of Private Chefs across the country and are able to fulfil every single guest’s request.
What do I need to prepare for my event?
You need to prepare a space in your fridge (1-2 shelves), clear your kitchen bench and introduce the Chef to the kitchen & dining areas. Depending on your booking you will need to prepare crockery/glassware/cutlery & set the table if no wait staff are included in your event booking.
What time does the Chef arrive on the day?
Your private chef will arrive 1.5 hours beforehand with all ingredients, and begin preparing your dishes. Waitstaff arrive separately. The team will take care of all the food and drinks (as advised). After the event is over, the team will clean the kitchen and event area before leaving you to bask in the afterglow of a wonderful event.
Because a 5-course meal is so elaborate, it is more well-paced and it can take some time to complete the meal from start to finish. For that reason, the best occasions for a 5-course meal are those where you can take your time sitting around the dinner table. This gives you the opportunity to savour each dish, enjoy the spaces in between, and relish in conversation with friends and family.
5-course meals are a more traditional and formal style of dining, so they are well-suited to events that require a sense of luxury and exuberance. With two canapés, entrées, and mains per person, there is no shortage of incredible food going around. Order a 5-course meal when you are looking to treat friends & family or impress a client with a delectable meal.
Another reason you may want to order a 5-course meal is if you’d like a banquet-style of eating, where you can sample and enjoy several smaller dishes instead of just one or two larger dishes. This allows you to enjoy more flavour sensations and explore the signature cooking style of your private chef.
Is a 5-course meal too much food?
If you haven’t eaten a full-course meal before, then 5 courses can sound like a little too many. However, each 5-course meal is carefully planned by our private chefs to deliver a harmonious and complete dining experience that’s not too little nor too much. Each dish is carefully portioned so as to not be too heavy on the stomach, and each course will complement the one that came before it.
The courses in this meal are not as large as a traditional serving but designed to slowly build your appetite and then satisfy it. You will not be bombarded with one dish after the other, but have the opportunity to sit and relish the afterglow of each course. These short breaks also give you the chance to digest your food and prepare for the next meal. By the end of the 5 courses, the goal is for you to be feeling as satisfied as eating one large meal.