1. Chef Robert’s Modern American example menu:
- Roast turkey, Mexico-Oaxacan mole sauce (V)
- Crusted ocean trout fillet, Norwegian style spices (V)
- Glazed fig, fresh goats curd, almond crostini (GF, V)
- Southern-fried okra, whipped cream, potatoes
- Beijing style crispy duck salad, greens, Hoisin, scallions
- Texas spinach salad, pecans, pear, brie, aged balsamic dressing
- A traditional British delight of Indian Ras Hanout spiced apple pie (V)
2. Chef Tom’s Asian-fusion example menu:
- Crispy five-spice pork belly (DF, GF)
- Grilled chilli BBQ chicken (DF, GF)
- Seasonal fresh Asian greens tossed in truffle & porcini oil, grains (DF, GF)
- French-style baked Lemon oregano potatoes, cheese (DF, GF)
- Vermicelli noodle salad, Thai basil, mint, fresh herbs, lime soy dressing (DF)
- Carrot salad, sesame ginger dressing (DF)
- Dark chocolate brownie, barley cream, roasted peanuts (GF)
3. Chef Mattia’s Mediterranean example menu:
- 8 hours slow roasted Oberon lamb shoulder, salsa verde
- Fennel, salt-roasted pulled pork, applesauce
- Roasted baby carrots, labne, almond dukkah, bay leaves
- Broccolini, chilli, preserved lemon, baby capers
- Pearl barley, roasted cauliflower, pomegranate fig, mint salad
- Wild rocket, heirloom tomato, asparagus salad, caramelised balsamic
- House baked triple choc brownie, fresh cream, mixed berries
- Secure your booking by paying in full. If using bank transfer/EFTPOS, please ensure you use the order number as a payment reference.
- CHEFIN will email you a booking confirmation and calendar invitation. This will include a form to collect your information and particular needs/requirements.
- Once you have filled in the form and sent it back to us, and your booking is sooner than in 3 weeks, we will assign a Chef based on your needs and desires.
- Your assigned Chef will design a unique menu tailored to your brief, event, dietaries and tastes.
- You can preview this menu, provide feedback, and advise of any menu & event changes along the way.
Can I choose my menu items from a pre-set selection of menus?
Your private chef will custom tailor a menu for you when your booking is confirmed. We are 100% certain you will love your menu or we will return your money-back guarantee! Our Chefs LOVE to create dishes and every menu they construct is fully exclusive for your taste buds.
Can I select a specific Private Chef for my event?
Once a booking has been secured & confirmed our sophisticated algorithm will take your preferences & match these with the available Chefs in your area. You will be presented a choice of Chefs, though during busy periods/last minute bookings you will be assigned a Chef to work with.
How does booking a Private Chef work?
Once you book online with us you’ll receive a Booking Confirmation email with your order details & the next steps. You will need to fill in your dietaries, food preferences & desires and an algorithm will then identify and match you with the best-suited Chef who will tailor a menu for you.
Do you have Chefs available to cook for my event?
As a platform with more than 250 available Chefs across Australia, we always have availability – or your money back guarantee! Our team works relentlessly to ensure we have the largest selection of Private Chefs across the country and are able to fulfil every single guest’s request.
What do I need to prepare for my event?
You need to prepare a space in your fridge (1-2 shelves), clear your kitchen bench and introduce the Chef to the kitchen & dining areas. Depending on your booking you will need to prepare crockery/glassware/cutlery & set the table if no wait staff are included in your event booking.
What time does the Chef arrive on the day?
Your private chef will arrive 1.5 hours beforehand with all ingredients, and begin preparing your dishes. Waitstaff arrive separately. The team will take care of all the food and drinks (as advised). After the event is over, the team will clean the kitchen and event area before leaving you to bask in the afterglow of a wonderful event.
This is a family-style way of serving, where everyone can get their hands dirty and enjoy an informal meal together. It’s delicious yet casual, the perfect way to relax and dig into a great meal with your guests. Your chef will prepare and serve all of your dishes and then leave you to enjoy the delicious feast without interfering with your conversations.
The dishes can be served either on your dining table where everyone is seated or in a separate area for a more buffet-style of dining. Each person can help themselves to whatever they would like to eat, in a portion as large as they would like. Afterwards, your chef will also clean up and make sure your place is tidy and even cleaner than they found it!
When should I order family-style share plates?
This style of dining is perfect for casual, informal gatherings with larger groups of people. Choose this buffet-style when you want the meal to be communal and for everyone to gather and connect around the dining table. Fun, messy, and delicious, this style of dining is less stiff and fancy than a traditional sit-down meal with table service.
Order family-style share plates for any large event such as birthdays, graduations, Christmas, weddings, anniversaries, bar & bat mitzvahs, and housewarming. These share plates are also perfect for corporate events and catering for team building exercises, team offsites, office parties, and training days.
Ever wondered why it feels so good to sit down and share a meal with friends and family? There are so many benefits to eating communally, particularly at special events and occasions when you want people to have a good time and connect with one another. Here are reasons why that sharing meal is good for you:
- Inspires connection. Whether you’re sharing food at a conference with colleagues or at home with friends, communal eating helps to build relationships and strengthen existing bonds. One study by Cornell University found that eating together helped to establish stronger connections with workmates and boost job performance. Food brings people together regardless of their background, age, and social status, and inspires laughter, stories, and good company.
- Build trust. Evolutionarily, sharing food with someone helps to establish trust. This is because a subconscious signal gets sent to our brain letting us know that the food is safe to eat, and the people sharing it with you can be trusted. This is a tribal-like thought pattern that happens without us even noticing. Hence sharing food helps to increase trust between the diners.
- Healthier eating. When we eat alone, we can sometimes let our habits go out of hand. Many people favour more processed or unhealthy dishes when eating on their own. When eating communally, however, people are more likely to choose healthier dishes. Children have especially been found to eat healthier foods when they dine with the family.
- Boost mood. Eating food with other people helps to release positive emotions and can even alleviate depression according to some studies. When you’re hosting a social event, that’s exactly what you want to happen! Keep everyone in a good mood by giving them the chance to enjoy a feast together.
- Learn something new. Communal eating is a great way to learn something new and expand your horizons. At social events and gatherings, communal eating means you are more likely to socialise with someone to who you may not speak otherwise. In a work environment, colleagues are encouraged to communicate and establish stronger bonds with their team and others in the workplace. Chatter around the dining table allows people to share their thoughts, experiences, and emotions, creating a learning experience for everyone in attendance.