1. Chef Miku’s Modern Australian example menu:
- Canape: Seared scallops, anchovies mousse, chives
- Canape: Mini quiche, Roquefort walnuts, red wine reduction
- Entree: Confit duck, quince, vegetable crisps, GF toast
- Main: Black Angus beef tenderloin, black mash, cauliflower, almond slivers
2. Chef Tim’s Asian-fusion example menu:
- Canape: Shellfish aioli, Korean chilli sauce, prawn, ginger, spring onion
- Canape: Cauliflower tart, caviar
- Entree: Prosciutto-wrapped quail breast, charred rockmelon, pumpkin dressing
- Main: Charcoaled beef short rib, leek, Lombok pickle, croquette
3. Chef Anton’s Middle-eastern example menu:
- Canape: roasted cauliflower, spices, burnt tomato salsa, oregano (V, VEG, DF, GF)
- Canape: liver pate, pistachios, cherry tomatoes jam (DF)
- Main: Spiced Morrocan lamb shank, reblochon potato puree, roasted fennel (GF)
- Dessert: Dark chocolate soil, gold leaf, summer berries, matcha powder
- Secure your booking by paying in full. If using bank transfer/EFTPOS, please ensure you use the order number as a payment reference.
- CHEFIN will email you a booking confirmation and calendar invitation. This will include a form to collect your information and particular needs/requirements.
- Once you have filled in the form and sent it back to us, and your booking is sooner than in 3 weeks, we will assign a Chef based on your needs and desires.
- Your assigned Chef will design a unique menu tailored to your brief, event, dietaries and tastes.
- You can preview this menu, provide feedback, and advise of any menu & event changes along the way.
Can I choose my menu items from a pre-set selection of menus?
Your private chef will custom tailor a menu for you when your booking is confirmed. We are 100% certain you will love your menu or we will return your money-back guarantee! Our Chefs LOVE to create dishes and every menu they construct is fully exclusive for your taste buds.
Can I select a specific Private Chef for my event?
Once a booking has been secured & confirmed our sophisticated algorithm will take your preferences & match these with the available Chefs in your area. You will be presented a choice of Chefs, though during busy periods/last minute bookings you will be assigned a Chef to work with.
How does booking a Private Chef work?
Once you book online with us you’ll receive a Booking Confirmation email with your order details & the next steps. You will need to fill in your dietaries, food preferences & desires and an algorithm will then identify and match you with the best-suited Chef who will tailor a menu for you.
Do you have Chefs available to cook for my event?
As a platform with more than 250 available Chefs across Australia, we always have availability – or your money back guarantee! Our team works relentlessly to ensure we have the largest selection of Private Chefs across the country and are able to fulfil every single guest’s request.
What do I need to prepare for my event?
You need to prepare a space in your fridge (1-2 shelves), clear your kitchen bench and introduce the Chef to the kitchen & dining areas. Depending on your booking you will need to prepare crockery/glassware/cutlery & set the table if no wait staff are included in your event booking.
What time does the Chef arrive on the day?
Your private chef will arrive 1.5 hours beforehand with all ingredients, and begin preparing your dishes. Waitstaff arrive separately. The team will take care of all the food and drinks (as advised). After the event is over, the team will clean the kitchen and event area before leaving you to bask in the afterglow of a wonderful event.
When you go to book your cooking class, our team will ask you a few questions about what cuisine you would like to cook and the kind of experience you’re looking for. From there, we’ll match you with a private chef who will get to work on creating a menu plan for your cooking class as well as canapés for your team to enjoy during the class. You’ll have the opportunity to approve these menus before proceeding with the cooking class.
At your cooking class event, you and your guests can meet the chef and socialise around a plate of canapés. For the actual cooking class, you can choose to separate and have each individual working on their own, or to work in teams. The chef will introduce you to the two dishes you will be cooking and begin instructing you on the technique, ingredients, and history. You will have the opportunity to ask questions at any time and to get feedback from the chef on your handiwork.
Once the cooking class is over, you and your friends can gather around and taste each other’s dishes in a sit-down meal. The chef will remain to answer any questions, share stories, and offer more tips and tricks for kitchen wizardry. At the end of the day, you’ll go home with two new recipes up your sleeve, a belly full of amazing food, and a great mood after a wonderful day.
Can I have a cook-off instead of a cooking class?
Yes! A cook-off is a more competitive style of cooking class where your group can split into teams and compete against each other, Masterchef-style. For a cook-off, we’ll teach the same recipe to both groups and have them compete against the clock to see who can pull off the meal. Your chef can offer guidance, instruction, and tips along the way. At the end of the class, your chef can also take on the role of judge, taste the different creations, and offer feedback on your results.
Cook-offs are a great option for a fun birthday, team-building exercise, or social event. With just the right amount of competition, learning, and working together, it’s a great day to be had for all involved!
Why should I book a cooking class?
There are so many reasons why you should book a cooking class! It’s not often that you have the opportunity to directly learn from a private chef, and this is a fun and exciting way to upskill in the kitchen. More than just the opportunity to learn new recipes or techniques, a cooking class can help you level up in all areas of cooking. Here are just some of the benefits to taking a cooking class with our private chefs:
- Learn how to plan menus. Why rely on cookbooks when you can learn how to prepare your own recipes and design a menu that flows seamlessly from entree to dessert? A cooking class will teach you the art of menu planning so you can create harmonious menus on your own.
- Learn cooking techniques. Professional chefs know all the best techniques to help you cook faster, better, and more efficiently. You’ll be able to pick up such useful skills as knife techniques, meal prepping, and how to best organise your kitchen.
- Learn how to combine ingredients. Most of us are limited to the same ingredients that we use over and over again. Why? Because we haven’t been introduced or learned how to use all the other ingredients out there! A private cooking class will introduce you to new flavours and teach you how to combine any and every ingredient together for a real wow-factor in your dishes.
- Be the star student. In a private cooking class, all eyes are on you. The chef will dedicate their entire attention towards helping you develop your current skills. Unlike a public class or lesson, you won’t have to learn things you already know or feel left behind if the other students are more advanced. The lesson will be customised to you, your skills, and what you’d like to focus on or learn.