1. Chef Johanne’s Truffle Degustation example menu:
- Truffled artichoke, carrot salad pepitas, nasturtium (VEG, GF)
- Stracciatella ravioli, lemon truffle foam, pancetta
- Bar-cod fish, truffled lobster ragout, panache of baby vegetables (GF, DF)
- Pheasant, truffled grains, savoury granola, parsnip puree, black grape jus (DF)
- Black truffle ice cream, hazelnut delight (VEG, GF)
2. Chef Hemant’s Asian-fusion example menu:
- Pacific oysters, urchin roe, samphire (DF, GF)
- Hand dived scallops, togarashi mango, serrano, Ikura (DF, GF)
- Maremma duck, land seaweed, molasses (DF)
- Kilcoy grass-fed wagyu beef, king brown mushroom, black garlic, pickled okra (GF)
- Dark chocolate soil, gold leaf, summer berries, matcha powder
3. Chef Mattia’s Modern Italian example menu:
- Burrata cheese, ox heart tomatoes, celery and balsamic reduction (V, GF)
- Confit king salmon, white gazpacho, pickled grapes (GF)
- Casarecce pasta, king prawns, zucchini and basil puree (DF)
- Red wine braised beef cheek, horseradish mash and Figs (GF)
- Coconut pannacotta, wild berries compote, chocolate soil (GF, V)
- Secure your booking by paying in full. If using bank transfer/EFTPOS, please ensure you use the order number as a payment reference.
- CHEFIN will email you a booking confirmation and calendar invitation. This will include a form to collect your information and particular needs/requirements.
- Once you have filled in the form and sent it back to us, and your booking is sooner than in 3 weeks, we will assign a Chef based on your needs and desires.
- Your assigned Chef will design a unique menu tailored to your brief, event, dietaries and tastes.
- You can preview this menu, provide feedback, and advise of any menu & event changes along the way.
Can I choose my menu items from a pre-set selection of menus?
Your private chef will custom tailor a menu for you when your booking is confirmed. We are 100% certain you will love your menu or we will return your money-back guarantee! Our Chefs LOVE to create dishes and every menu they construct is fully exclusive for your taste buds.
Can I select a specific Private Chef for my event?
Once a booking has been secured & confirmed our sophisticated algorithm will take your preferences & match these with the available Chefs in your area. You will be presented a choice of Chefs, though during busy periods/last minute bookings you will be assigned a Chef to work with.
How does booking a Private Chef work?
Once you book online with us you’ll receive a Booking Confirmation email with your order details & the next steps. You will need to fill in your dietaries, food preferences & desires and an algorithm will then identify and match you with the best-suited Chef who will tailor a menu for you.
Do you have Chefs available to cook for my event?
As a platform with more than 250 available Chefs across Australia, we always have availability – or your money back guarantee! Our team works relentlessly to ensure we have the largest selection of Private Chefs across the country and are able to fulfil every single guest’s request.
What do I need to prepare for my event?
You need to prepare a space in your fridge (1-2 shelves), clear your kitchen bench and introduce the Chef to the kitchen & dining areas. Depending on your booking you will need to prepare crockery/glassware/cutlery & set the table if no wait staff are included in your event booking.
What time does the Chef arrive on the day?
Your private chef will arrive 1.5 hours beforehand with all ingredients, and begin preparing your dishes. Waitstaff arrive separately. The team will take care of all the food and drinks (as advised). After the event is over, the team will clean the kitchen and event area before leaving you to bask in the afterglow of a wonderful event.
A blindfolded dinner is exactly what it sounds like: a meal consumed entirely while blindfolded. Why? Because it allows for a truly unique, meditative experience where your smell and taste senses dominate and kick in. Without the sense of sight, you will be left to experience your food with your other sensory organs and each flavour will come through with twice as much intensity.
Why should I order a blindfolded dinner?
Studies show that 80% of people eat with their eyes. What if you took that sense away? Imagine what eating would be like…
How does a blindfolded dinner work?
Once you and your guests are seated at the table, you will each be handed a blindfold to wear throughout the meal. Without being able to see, your mouth will be the one to figure out the different textures in the food. Your nose will tell you what hints of ingredients and spices have been used. Spend this time discovering the dish slowly and with intrigue. You can share your thoughts and discoveries with your guests – exchange what you think has been used in the dish and what ingredients you can taste and smell.
Once you have sampled the dish and interacted with it while blindfolded, the chef will allow you all to remove your blindfolds and see the meal before your eyes. They will then introduce the meal and explain a little about what ingredients have been used, its origins, and its story. You can then continue to finish the dish, either with or without a blindfold is up to you! When the next course comes around, the blindfold goes back on for another round of adventure…
When should you order a blindfolded dinner?
Blindfolded dinners are our most popular food experience. They are an absolutely fantastic option for parties and social events where the aim is to connect and have some fun: it could be a birthday, graduation, a celebration, a family occasion or get-together, an anniversary, or any event that doesn’t have too big of a guest list.
Order a blindfolded dinner experience when a normal dinner just doesn’t quite cut it. Go for this experience when you want something different but not too crazy out there, when you want to show your guests a novelty experience, or when you want to combine dinner with entertainment.
Help, I’m scared of the dark!
That’s OK! You’ll be relieved to know that we keep the dining room well lit throughout the entire blindfolded dinner experience. We do not turn off the lights nor do we ask anybody to walk or move around in the dark. The blindfolds we provide are light and can easily be taken off at any time. If any one of your guests chooses not to participate in the blindfolded dinner experience, then that is completely fine and OK! They can take the blindfold off to enjoy a normally lit meal at any time.