1. Chef Johanne’s Truffle Degustation example menu:
- Truffled artichoke, carrot salad pepitas, nasturtium (VEG, GF)
- Stracciatella ravioli, lemon truffle foam, pancetta
- Bar-cod fish, truffled lobster ragout, panache of baby vegetables (GF, DF)
- Pheasant, truffled grains, savoury granola, parsnip puree, black grape jus (DF)
- Black truffle ice cream, hazelnut delight (VEG, GF)
2. Chef Hemant’s Asian-fusion example menu:
- Pacific oysters, urchin roe, samphire (DF, GF)
- Hand dived scallops, togarashi mango, serrano, Ikura (DF, GF)
- Maremma duck, land seaweed, molasses (DF)
- Kilcoy grass-fed wagyu beef, king brown mushroom, black garlic, pickled okra (GF)
- Dark chocolate soil, gold leaf, summer berries, matcha powder
3. Chef Mattia’s Modern Italian example menu:
- Burrata cheese, ox heart tomatoes, celery and balsamic reduction (V, GF)
- Confit king salmon, white gazpacho, pickled grapes (GF)
- Casarecce pasta, king prawns, zucchini and basil puree (DF)
- Red wine braised beef cheek, horseradish mash and Figs (GF)
- Coconut pannacotta, wild berries compote, chocolate soil (GF, V)
- Secure your booking by paying in full. If using bank transfer/EFTPOS, please ensure you use the order number as a payment reference.
- CHEFIN will email you a booking confirmation and calendar invitation. This will include a form to collect your information and particular needs/requirements.
- Once you have filled in the form and sent it back to us, and your booking is sooner than in 3 weeks, we will assign a Chef based on your needs and desires.
- Your assigned Chef will design a unique menu tailored to your brief, event, dietaries and tastes.
- You can preview this menu, provide feedback, and advise of any menu & event changes along the way.
A blindfolded dinner is exactly what it sounds like: a meal consumed entirely while blindfolded. Why? Because it allows for a truly unique, meditative experience where your smell and taste senses dominate and kick in. Without the sense of sight, you will be left to experience your food with your other sensory organs and each flavour will come through with twice as much intensity.
Why should I order a blindfolded dinner?
Studies show that 80% of people eat with their eyes. What if you took that sense away? Imagine what eating would be like…
How does a blindfolded dinner work?
Once you and your guests are seated at the table, you will each be handed a blindfold to wear throughout the meal. Without being able to see, your mouth will be the one to figure out the different textures in the food. Your nose will tell you what hints of ingredients and spices have been used. Spend this time discovering the dish slowly and with intrigue. You can share your thoughts and discoveries with your guests – exchange what you think has been used in the dish and what ingredients you can taste and smell.
Once you have sampled the dish and interacted with it while blindfolded, the chef will allow you all to remove your blindfolds and see the meal before your eyes. They will then introduce the meal and explain a little about what ingredients have been used, its origins, and its story. You can then continue to finish the dish, either with or without a blindfold is up to you! When the next course comes around, the blindfold goes back on for another round of adventure…
When should you order a blindfolded dinner?
Blindfolded dinners are our most popular food experience. They are an absolutely fantastic option for parties and social events where the aim is to connect and have some fun: it could be a birthday, graduation, a celebration, a family occasion or get-together, an anniversary, or any event that doesn’t have too big of a guest list.
Order a blindfolded dinner experience when a normal dinner just doesn’t quite cut it. Go for this experience when you want something different but not too crazy out there, when you want to show your guests a novelty experience, or when you want to combine dinner with entertainment.
Help, I’m scared of the dark!
That’s OK! You’ll be relieved to know that we keep the dining room well lit throughout the entire blindfolded dinner experience. We do not turn off the lights nor do we ask anybody to walk or move around in the dark. The blindfolds we provide are light and can easily be taken off at any time. If any one of your guests chooses not to participate in the blindfolded dinner experience, then that is completely fine and OK! They can take the blindfold off to enjoy a normally lit meal at any time.