1. Chef Miku’s Modern Australian example menu:
- Canape: Seared scallops, anchovies mousse, chives
- Canape: Mini quiche with Roquefort, walnuts, red wine reduction
- Entree: Confit duck, quince, vegetable crisps, GF toast
- Main: Black Angus beef tenderloin, black mash, cauliflower, almond slivers
2. Chef Tim’s Asian-fusion example menu:
- Canape: Shellfish aioli, Korean chilli sauce, prawn, ginger, spring onion
- Canape: Cauliflower tart, caviar
- Entree: Prosciutto-wrapped quail breast, charred rockmelon, pumpkin dressing
- Main: Charcoaled beef short rib, leek, Lombok pickle, croquette
3. Chef Anton’s Middle-eastern example menu:
- Canape: Roasted cauliflower, spices, burnt tomato salsa, oregano (V, VEG, DF, GF)
- Canape: Liver pate, pistachios, cherry tomatoes jam (DF)
- Entree: Tzatziki, seared prawns, cucumbers, zucchini, dill Lime, chilli. (GF)
- Main: Spiced Morrocan lamb shank, reblochon potato puree, roasted fennel (GF)
- Secure your booking by paying in full. If using bank transfer/EFTPOS, please ensure you use the order number as a payment reference.
- CHEFIN will email you a booking confirmation and calendar invitation. This will include a form to collect your information and particular needs/requirements.
- Once you have filled in the form and sent it back to us, and your booking is sooner than in 3 weeks, we will assign a Chef based on your needs and desires.
- Your assigned Chef will design a unique menu tailored to your brief, event, dietaries and tastes.
- You can preview this menu, provide feedback, and advise of any menu & event changes along the way.
What’s included in a 2-course meal?
All of our 2-course meals include two canapés and the main meal. You also have the option to choose either an entrée or dessert to complete your meal – the choice is up to you! If you like, you can also add wine pairing with your 2-course meal to add an extra dose of sophistication to your dining experience.
When should you order a 2-course meal?
A 2-course meal is a perfect option when you want high-end dining that you need to keep short & simple. Choose a 2-course meal if you are serving dessert separately or are short on time and have activities involving other food before or after the meal.
The addition of canapés makes our 2 course meals the perfect experience for in-home lunch parties, corporate lunches, board meetings, short and simple gatherings, and events where people may be mixing and mingling before sitting down for the meal itself – like a cocktail style function.
What’s the difference between a 2-course meal and a 3-course meal?
A 3-course meal will include an entrée, main, and dessert. A 2-course meal will always include a main, however, it’s up to you if you’d like to have an entree or a dessert. Since 2-course meals have one less dish being served, you’d typically spend a little less time around the dining table than you would with a traditional 3-course meal. As our 2-course meals come with 2 canapés, they allow for that extra time to be spent mingling and socialising rather than seated at a table.
What is an example of a 2-course meal?
Your canapés will be easy-to-eat, bite-sized pieces that can be eaten while either sitting or standing. An example would be seared scallops with anchovies mousse, and chives, or roasted cauliflower with spices and burnt tomato salsa.
Entrées will be a more substantial dish but still smaller than the main meal. You may get confit duck with quince and vegetable crisps, or prosciutto-wrapped quail breast with charred rockmelon and pumpkin dressing.
Main meals are the centrepiece of a 2-course meal and the largest dish you’ll be served. They typically consist of a meat-based dish with a side of vegetables (unless you have ordered a vegetarian menu). For the main, expect heavier dishes like spiced Moroccan lamb shank with reblochon potato puree and roasted fennel, or charcoaled beef short rib with leek, Lombok pickle, and croquette. A 2 course meal is designed to be light but filling enough.
Desserts will be a small but sweet end to the meal. You may be served black truffle ice cream with hazelnut delight or coconut panna cotta with wild berries compote and chocolate soil.