1. Chef Miku’s Modern Australian example menu:
- Canape: Seared scallops, anchovies mousse, chives
- Canape: Mini quiche, Roquefort walnuts, red wine reduction
- Entree: Confit duck, quince, vegetable crisps, GF toast
- Main: Black Angus beef tenderloin, black mash, cauliflower, almond slivers
2. Chef Tim’s Asian-fusion example menu:
- Canape: Shellfish aioli, Korean chilli sauce, prawn, ginger, spring onion
- Canape: Cauliflower tart, caviar
- Entree: Prosciutto-wrapped quail breast, charred rockmelon, pumpkin dressing
- Main: Charcoaled beef short rib, leek, Lombok pickle, croquette
3. Chef Anton’s Middle-eastern example menu:
- Canape: roasted cauliflower, spices, burnt tomato salsa, oregano (V, VEG, DF, GF)
- Canape: liver pate, pistachios, cherry tomatoes jam (DF)
- Main: Spiced Morrocan lamb shank, reblochon potato puree, roasted fennel (GF)
- Dessert: Dark chocolate soil, gold leaf, summer berries, matcha powder
- Secure your booking by paying in full. If using bank transfer/EFTPOS, please ensure you use the order number as a payment reference.
- CHEFIN will email you a booking confirmation and calendar invitation. This will include a form to collect your information and particular needs/requirements.
- Once you have filled in the form and sent it back to us, and your booking is sooner than in 3 weeks, we will assign a Chef based on your needs and desires.
- Your assigned Chef will design a unique menu tailored to your brief, event, dietaries and tastes.
- You can preview this menu, provide feedback, and advise of any menu & event changes along the way.
How does the virtual cooking class work?
When you book your class, our team will be in touch with some questions about the food you’d like to cook and the type of experience you’re after. You’ll be matched with a private chef who will then create a menu for your cooking class based on your tastes, preferences, and dietary requirements. This will include 2 canapés for you to consume while cooking. We’ll send the menu to you for approval before the event, as well as a link to join the virtual meeting.
Before the virtual cooking class event, you and your guests will be delivered a box with all the necessary ingredients as well as your canapés. When it’s time for your class, hop online to join the virtual meeting, meet your chef, and get cooking! Your class will include detailed instruction on cooking techniques, ingredients, and the history of the dishes you’re cooking. You can ask questions at any time throughout the class and get feedback on your progress. Make sure your cameras are working!
After the virtual cooking class, you and your friends can enjoy your meals and have a shared lunch or dinner online. Your chef can also stay on to answer any questions, share stories, and offer more tips and tricks in the kitchen. At the end of the day, you’ll be glowing with a tummy full of great food and memories of a unique bonding experience with your loved ones!
Can I have a virtual cook-off instead of a cooking class?
Definitely! A cook-off is a more competitive experience and the chef will be kindly judging your meals and providing feedback. You will still be guided through a set of recipes, only this time your chef will set a time for you to go off and prepare the meals yourselves. They will still be there to answer questions and provide guidance as you cook. While the chef won’t be able to taste your meals, they will judge them based on appearance, plating up, etc.
A virtual cook-off is a fun, fast-paced activity. Don’t take yourself too seriously and just enjoy the ride! This is a great virtual activity for birthdays in quarantine, team-building exercises, or just general fun with friends and family who are far away.
Why should I book a virtual cooking class?
A virtual cooking class is just as hands-on and informative as an in-person class. You have the opportunity to be directly guided by a private chef while participating in a fun bonding exercise with friends and family. Here are some benefits to taking an online cooking class:
- Learn menu planning. Your chef won’t just teach you recipes, but guide you through the entire menu creation process. You’ll then be able to design your own menus that are perfectly balanced with harmony from entree to dessert.
- Learn cooking techniques. Cook and prep faster, better, and more efficiently with all the best kitchen secrets from your chef. This will include knife techniques, meal prepping, plating up, and more.
- Learn ingredient combinations. The secret sauce to many outstanding meals is unique and intriguing ingredient combinations. Your chef will teach you how to turn an ordinary dish into a stand-out creation through the art of ingredient combination.
- Personal guidance. In a virtual cooking class, the chef is dedicating all their attention towards helping you and your guests develop your kitchen skills. Ask any questions you have, voice concerns, and feel free to guide the cooking class as you wish. Everything will be paced per your skill level and customised to you and your tastes.